Thursday, July 29, 2021

What I am Listening To...

     Most of the time while I work or do housework, I can also listen to audiobooks, music, etc. (While at work, with my earbuds of course.) My favorite things to listen to are sermons and Bible teaching programs. A great, free resource is BBN Radio. It is a listener supported ministry so if you enjoy the programming and can afford to give, please do! I have the app on my phone so that I can choose to listen to their audio streaming service or certain programs "on demand". My favorite programs are "Gateway to Joy" by Elisabeth Elliot and "Christian Classics". I find encouragement and teaching in these programs. At other times, the music and sermons are always nice to hear. 

    I have two local libraries that offer free audiobook checkouts. I listen to these as well, but have found that I have to be very careful. I'm not sure why authors feel they have to include foul language and mature content in their writing, but it is a big problem with modern literature. Usually I can get a feel for the book and whether that will be a problem by reading reviews online. Occasionally, however, I won't realize it until I have started listening. I simply stop listening and return the book. I used to feel guilty about not finishing a book that I am reading or listening to. As I get older, I realize there are entirely too many great books to settle for mediocre. I return the book completely guilt-free. 😀😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Sundays

 While getting ready for church this morning, I was thinking about the things I wish I had learned while my children were young (or before)....